- Position to commence ASAP
- Support the development of growing Senior School
- Brighton, Bayside Location
- Closing Date: as soon as a suitable candidate is found
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and collaborative Careers Advisor to join our growing secondary team at Melbourne Montessori School. We seek someone who will actively work with our Senior School students and help them develop tertiary pathways beyond school.
This opportunity is a newly created role and we are seeking to appoint a passionate Careers Advisor to create a supportive and informative Careers Hub for our students and their families. Currently we have approximately 60 students enrolled in our Senior School.
This is a Part Time position (.2 FTE), ideally commencing as soon as possible and is located at our Brighton East Campus.
The successful applicant will hold a relevant Careers qualification, be a member of CEAV combined with relevant work experience and a demonstrated commitment to education.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Supporting approximately 60 students
- Provide current information to students, parents and teachers on all career related matters
- Liaise closely with IB Coordinator and Senior School Coordinator on the various programs offered at Melbourne Montessori School
- Be available to meet with students regarding their educational and career aspirations
- Help students transition to tertiary education, training and employment
- Support students in the preparation of job applications and interviews
- Develop, maintain and provide updated information for teachers, parents and students in relation to requirements for post-secondary school study
- Develop student knowledge, understanding and experience of opportunities in education, training and employment
- Liaise with members of Melbourne Montessori School Executive on issues in relation to study and vocational pathways and career development as appropriate
- Assist with developing regular Subject Information sessions
- Attend external information sessions related to careers as required
- An established kindergarten, primary school, and growing secondary school
- A provider of quality education using Montessori pedagogy
- A vibrant school community, approximately 450 students and 65 staff across two campuses
- A part-time, permanent position Montessori education in fantastic location in Brighton East
- A dynamic and truly supportive team environment with proven success enhancing student learning outcomes
- Experienced at career investigation and development Ideally familiar with the Montessori philosophy
- A strong communicator and familiar with liaising with students and families
- Organised and focused on working as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate highly developed communication and collaboration skills
- Energetic with a positive demeanour
- Experienced working with youth or secondary school aged students
Position to commence in 2019.
More information about us can be found on our website www.melbournemontessori.vic.edu.au
Enquiries can be directed to Jessica Clark, Human Resource Officer on 03 9131 5206
To apply, please submit your Resume and brief Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this position via the seek website at: https://www.seek.com.au/job/39725016?searchrequesttoken=e617a5dd-ef20-4c31-b452-62be9a60a457&type=standout
The successful applicant will also be required to undergo a Working with Children Check.
Melbourne Montessori School is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.