- Join our creative and high-performing Music Department
- Lead the outstanding Junior School Music programme from the beginning of term 1 2020
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and passionate Junior School Music Coordinator to join our creative and high-performing Music Department.
Due to the retirement of our current Co-ordinator of Junior School Music at the end of 2019, MLC School Sydney is seeking to appoint an inspirational, well qualified and experienced music teacher to lead the outstanding Junior School Music programme from the beginning of term 1 2020.
The Junior School Music Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, design and delivery of innovative music teaching programs aligned to the learning philosophies, policies and practices of the School, and in accordance with requirements of relevant external curriculum authorities.
This position will be integral in facilitating the continuance of the School’s strong tradition of inspiring a passion for music within our girls and our wider school community.
- Tertiary qualification in Education approved by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative music programs that align with the NSW NESA Music syllabus for Early Stage 1, and Stages 1, 2 and 3
- A thorough understanding of K to 6 music education pedagogy
- Ability to design and teach a sequential program of Kodaly method Pre-K-6.
- Demonstrated experience of working closely and collaboratively with the Heads of a school’s instrumental and choral programs
- Excellent administrative, communicative and organisational skills
- The capability to direct a range of music co-curricular ensembles
- Advanced music reading skills
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a number of exciting benefits including:
- Professional learning opportunities
- Salary packaging
- Discounted School fees
- Onsite parking
- Access to the School’s gym and indoor Aquatic Centre
How to Apply:
Please visit https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/MLC151 to review the Position description and submit your application directly to our website by 13th October 2019.
Our Recruitment Team will be reviewing applications prior to the closing date and interested candidate are encouraged to apply early.