Deputy Head of Junior School – Student Life
- Full-time ongoing
- Commencing Term 1, 2020
- Excellent Leadership Opportunity
MLC School, established in 1886, has always set itself apart, creating pathways in which our girls and young women can excel, discover their full potential and make valuable, lifelong contributions to society. A school of the Uniting Church in Australia, MLC School supports and encourages the spiritual development of all students and staff.
We are seeking an experienced, outstanding and inspirational Deputy Head of Junior School (Student Life), to lead student welfare and school life for our Pre-K to Year 6 students.
The Deputy Head of Junior School (Student Life) supports and works closely with the Head of Junior School to lead, enhance and coordinate all aspects of student care and School operations.
This position will contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of a whole school pastoral care program with specific advocacy for needs of the Junior School girls.
The successful candidate will have a track record in leadership, management and community engagement, and will suit a passionate leader with a commitment to creating a caring and constructive environment for our students.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a School or other educational environment in school middle management
- Tertiary qualifications in education and minimum of Proficient Teacher Accreditation (NSW) or equivalent.
- Experience as a classroom teacher
- Post graduate qualifications in student pastoral care, pedagogy or educational leadership (desirable)
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a number of exciting benefits including:
- Professional learning opportunities
- Salary packaging
- Discounted School fees
- Onsite parking
- Access to the School’s gym and indoor Aquatic Centre
How to Apply:
Please visit https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/MLC146 to review the Position description and submit your application directly to our website by 22nd September 2019.
Our Recruitment Team will be reviewing applications prior to the closing date and interested candidate are encouraged to apply early.