- Providing the best possible opportunities for our students
- Exceptional Facilities
- Ability to teach IB Business highly desirable
Somerset College is a co-educational, independent, inter-denominational school in the Christian tradition catering for students from Pre-Prep to Year 12.
The College has a commitment to being a pioneer and leader in educational innovation, in accessing recognised national and international curricula, and in fostering and building links with local, national and international tertiary institutions and within the broader international community.
Somerset College offers a unique educational experience, but what defines the Somerset Experience?
- Encouraging fulfilment of individual potential in academia, sport and extracurricular
- Producing socially well-adjusted individuals
- Creating an atmosphere of happiness, trust, understanding and endeavour
- Providing an integrated curriculum, where mapping across the curriculum makes sense of subject
- Fostering a community of learning, where all types of learning are valued and celebrated
- Valuing lifelong learning, where learning is ongoing
- Promoting both the journey outward and the journey inward (reflection and exploration).
All of these actions lead to developing engaged global citizens, aspiring to excellence, demonstrating integrity and valuing difference.
This philosophy has also attracted excellent staff who share this view of education. Under their guidance all students are provided with the necessary encouragement to fully develop academic skills, strength of character and a wide range of interests in areas such as sport, music and drama. A high level of individual commitment and participation is expected of all students.
The College also places particular emphasis on appropriate standards of discipline, especially in relation to manners, speech and dress. The philosophy of the College ensures that these standards of behaviour come about as a result of high levels of self-esteem and self-discipline. The measure of any school lies in its readiness to help young people to grow, to develop their talents and to liberate their imagination. Somerset happily accepts this challenge and seeks to create vital and resourceful young men and women.
For further information and to apply please visit: https://www.somerset.qld.edu.au/contact/employment-opportunities/senior-school-teacher-senior-business-and-economics/
Applications close 8.00am Friday 20 September 2019