PYP (Kindergarten – Year 6) Classroom teacher
- Full-time Primary Teacher Position commencing immediately
- Expected to teach IB PYP class and meet NESA curriculum requirements
- NESA Curriculum delivery and IB PYP Experience and/or a passion for inquiry-based and concept-driven curriculum is preferred but not essential
- IB School with all 3 programmes (PYP/MYP/DP)
Al Zahra College is a co-educational IB (International Baccalaureate) World School which offers the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). Established in 1998, Al Zahra College is one of the very few schools across Australia to offer all three IB programs.
Respect for the Islamic ethos and IB educational philosophy are the foundations of Al Zahra College, and these have facilitated a cooperative and harmonious learning environment, where the common ideals of internationalism, tolerance and understanding are paramount. Al Zahra College aims to develop faithful, knowledgeable and wise young people who take responsibility for creating a better and more peaceful world. We challenge our students to become active learners and critical thinkers who promote intercultural understanding and respect. The motto of the College, ‘Faith, Knowledge, Wisdom’ also promotes academic excellence and quality of learning in all areas of the curriculum.
The teaching position available is for a passionate and talented PYP classroom teacher with the ability to motivate, empower and engage students in their learning, by delivering high quality and innovative lessons. The successful applicant must be able to work effectively with others, as well display initiative to contribute to the enhancement of the College.
The successful applicant will have:
- Primary teaching experience
- knowledge of K - 6 NESA Curriculum and IB PYP
- confidence in using technology effectively in the classroom
- the ability to develop positive rapport with students and colleagues within the Programme
- willingness to employ a range of teaching methodologies to engage students and enhance student learning outcomes
- Valid Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- Teaching qualification recognised by the New South Wales Standards Authority (NESA)
- Valid NESA teaching accreditation number
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate
How to apply
Please apply in writing with a CV, covering letter and two references to:
Dr Wissam Mustapha, Headmaster
Email: [email protected]
Applications are open until the position is filled.