- Full-time, permanent position
- Start date: 20 July, 2020
- Educational Leadership in a unique College
John McGlashan College is a vibrant, highly successful Decile 10, Year 7-13 integrated secondary school for boarders and day boys based in Dunedin, New Zealand. Sited in a pristine natural environment, it is blessed with expansive grounds, state-of-the-art buildings and facilities, with modern comfortable boarding houses that provide a home for a quarter of the boys.
Established in 1918, the College combines sound traditions, values and outstanding achievement with a modern approach to education and a deep understanding of what parents and their sons expect from a school in today’s society.
As Deputy Principal, you will be a key member of the leadership team, delivering the programmes and culture required to ensure exceptional levels of achievement for all students and contributing to the ongoing success of the school.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience as an educational leader.
- A proven record of teaching excellence.
- An innovative and forward-thinking approach.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills.
- A passion for boys’ education.
- Strong management skills in planning and organisation.
- Strengths in fostering collegial teams.
- A commitment to your own and others’ professional development.
- A focus on self-reflection and continuous improvement.
This is a unique leadership opportunity to join an exceptional secondary school.
How to apply:
Applications close on 29 March 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Candidate Briefing Information:
To view the Candidate Briefing Information, including position description, please visit
For further information, visit www.mcglashan.school.nz or phone Andrea Bankier at Sheffield on +64 274 478 102.