Are you a secondary teacher passionate about real-life learning - Looking for an opportunity to step up into a leadership role? This is for you!
Melbourne Montessori School (MMS) is a growing school, strongly driven by community interest in Montessori education where we expect more from education. We have been leading Montessori education for over 45 years at our two campuses, one in Caulfield and one in Brighton.
Melbourne Montessori School has an established Junior School to which has been added, due to parent enthusiasm, a Senior School which now encompasses Years 7-12. MMS has grown the Senior School over the last five years and is committed to the highest quality of Montessori practice; we are small by design, but look to grow towards 150 students in the Senior School within the next five to ten years.
As a result of the current Deputy Principal accepting the position of Principal interstate, the School requires a Deputy Principal who can bring strong educational leadership to our Senior School.
With a passion for the development of students as a holistic person, you will bring strong educational leadership combined with organisational and broad extra-curricular experience to complement the teaching and learning which is embedded in the Montessori Adolescent curriculum, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and our Montessori Careers Program.
You will join like-minded teachers who are entrepreneurial, passionate, and focused on real-life learning. You will take a consultative approach to the delivery of education through Montessori experiential learning in the middle school and then in the senior secondary, the IB DP or our vocational pathway.
- Lead and deliver the Senior School Strategic Plan
- Provide coaching and mentoring to teachers and staff
- Coaching and mentoring of Senior School students
- Manage staffing, Communications and Marketing Functions
- Grow the Senior School
- Manage business functions
- Manage Government Agency stakeholders
- Manage external stakeholders and represent the school at various events
- Possibly teaching a subject
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experienced as a driving force in taking a leadership role within the curriculum and extra curriculum environment.
- A passion for the development of secondary students both academically and holistically
- Bring non-academic experience to complement the educational leadership acumen.
- Have an energetic, practical mindset, leading by example, engaging others on the journey
- Align closely to the values of the Montessori philosophy
As a Deputy Principal at Melbourne Montessori School, your leadership, vision and hard work will be valued and recognized by the leadership team, teachers and students alike. Working at Melbourne Montessori School will provide you with the freedom to be creative and bring your ideas to life. Education is changing and Melbourne Montessori school is leading the way.
Please enjoy the following video outlining the culture and values of Melbourne Montessori School and how the School adds value, in addition to delivery of the regular Australian Curriculum subjects: https://youtu.be/bo6ZQzkmG0E
If this sounds like you, please apply asap!
For an information pack or any further information, please contact Kristina Thomas at [email protected]