IB Psychology Teacher
- A co-educational, independent school located in Tarneit is looking for a dedicated VCE/IB Psychology Teacher to commence in 2020.
Our college is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate VCE/IB Psychology Teacher to join our team in 2020. Candidates must be confident in delivering the curriculum outcomes and planning outstanding lessons that engage and extend the students.
- A passion for teaching and student learning
- Excellent organisational and behavioural management skills
- Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with difficult situations.
- Have the content knowledge and pedagogical practice to meet the diverse needs of all students
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
- Indicate their experience, qualifications, qualities and attributes expected from them.
The role of the teacher may include but is not limited to:
- Direct teaching of groups of students and individual students;
- Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum area or other curriculum programs within the school
- Undertaking other classroom teaching and organisational duties as determined by the School Principal
- Participating in activities such as parent/teacher meetings, staff meetings, camps and excursions
The successful applicant must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Secondary Education
- Previous experience in IB Psychology is an advantage but training can be provided
- Current VIT registration is essential
- Previous teaching experience in Secondary/VCE Classes
Applications should be forwarded to the Principal at [email protected] including a covering letter, resume, contact details and three referees.