Part Time History Teacher International Baccalaureate
The French international school of Sydney s looking for a Part-time History Teacher for IB (8 hours face-to-face teaching – 0.4 of a FTE) to start on 17 August 2020 and to replace a teacher on leave.
Lycée Condorcet Sydney (LCS) is the French international school of Sydney. We currently enrol 1050 students from Maternelle (2,5 yo) to Y12 and employ more than 150 teaching and non-teaching staff. As part of our development, we are looking for dynamic, motivated staff who are highly available and flexible. Our team has the characteristic of being able to operate in a demanding and complex multi-cultural international context.
In this very demanding, complex but exciting context, we are looking for a team member willing to embrace the French-Australian work culture of our School and be involved in the School Project for the sake of our student's success and wellbeing.
Approved by the French Education Ministry and the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), the school is looking for a Part-time History & Geography Teacher for IB (8 hours face-to-face teaching – 0.4 of a FTE) to start on 17 August 2020 and to replace a teacher on leave .
As part of the pedagogical team, the teacher will:
- Be responsible for teaching the IB1 & IB2 in History
- Collaborate with members of the IB teaching staff;
- Ensure all students meet internal and external assessment requirements as determined by the International Baccalaureate Organisation;
- Prepare students for examinations;
- Fulfil all associated and necessary teaching duties and other duties as determined by the principal.
For benefits and perks, please refer to our school website: http://www.condorcet.com.au/working-lcs
Skills and experience
- Hold a teaching degree from an Australian education system (or other English speaking education systems), or a teaching degree from the French education system;
- Have a successful work experience teaching the IB program in Year 11 and Year 12;
- Be able to adapt their teaching to the students' needs;
- Show a real ability to work as part of a team and in a bilingual culture;
- Have full working rights;
- Have a current Working with Children Check Clearance or be willing to obtain one prior to employment;
- Have current Child Protection training and First Aid Certificates – desirable;
- Be accredited with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
Between $79,964 and $99,219 (yearly gross), as per the Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017 (Teachers).
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for these positions.
Applications must include a cover letter, CV, 2 recent reference letters and sent by email to [email protected] quoting reference IBH/G - 2002.
Only selected candidates who have submitted all the documents requested, will be contacted.