Head of Economics (and Business)
Permanent appointment for an experienced or emerging leader to head the Economics (and Business Studies) faculty. Term 4 Start (12th October 2020).
- Opportunity to lead the department and teach both NSW HSC curriculum and International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Progressive and diverse team of great people!
- Focus and commitment to the professional development of all staff.
- Strong Christian ethos and values.
Trinity Grammar School’s commitment to academic excellence, pastoral care and participation in a breadth of sporting and co-curricular activities, including the creative and performing arts, develops the talents of individual boys in mind, body and spirit. The School offers a wide-ranging curriculum that is delivered by motivated, caring staff accessing exceptional facilities and resources.
Due to the movement of one of our longstanding staff, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced or emerging leader to head the Economics (and Business Studies) faculty. Leading a diverse, cohesive and dedicated team of professionals, through modelling outstanding teaching and learning practices and by combining inquiry-based pedagogy with real world business connections, this role will create opportunities for students to develop a passion for Business alongside independent habits of lifelong learning, as well as contributing to the academic leadership of Trinity Grammar School.
Trinity is committed to the support and professional development of all teachers, by offering:
- A strong Christian foundation
- Support for NESA accreditation hours provided through in-house professional learning
- Outstanding opportunities for professional learning through Professional Learning Teams and support for post-graduate study
- Involvement in Sport and Cocurricular activities outside of the classroom
- Opportunity to teach both the NSW School Certificate and the International Baccalaureate Diploma
We are looking for…
- Passionate and contemporary team leaders with a shared vision for quality education in all areas
- Enthusiastic life-long learners who can contribute to a culture of continuous learning in professional practice
- Innovative practitioners with a learner-centred focus
- Experience in teaching Economics, Business Studies, Business Management, Legal Studies and Commerce across stages 4 to 6 with a strong focus on stage 6.
- A willingness to be involved in the broad life of the School
- A connection with the Christian Mission of the School
Successful candidates will have….
- Formal teaching qualifications in Business Studies &/or Economics
- Current registration with NESA
- A valid Working with Children Check number
- Current First Aid certification
- Post graduate qualifications in Education Leadership or a specialty area
- Highly Accomplished Teacher with Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Demonstrated experience in leading Teaching and Learning initiatives in a Secondary School landscape
- Demonstrate professional knowledge through presenting and attending external workshops, conferences and leadership within a professional association.
Further details about our School are available on our website https://www.trinity.nsw.edu.au. Please include a cover letter, resume and academic transcripts. with you application https://trinitygrammar.connxcareers.com. Applications close 4pm Thursday 3rd July 2020.