IB Middle Years (Year 7-10) MYP Coordinator
- Full Time Middle Years Curriculum Coordinator (MYP Coordinator) - Sydney Australia.
Al Zahra College (AZC) is seeking a dynamic pedagogical leader to work within a dedicated and experienced three programme IB World School as Middle Years Programme (MYP) Years 7-10 Coordinator.
The MYP Coordinator is a key leadership position at AZC and is responsible for the coordination and development of the MYP in Grades 7-10. The MYP Coordinator is involved in the whole school implementation of the IB programmes and is the direct point of contact with the IB in matters pertaining to the MYP. The successful applicant is expected to maintain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Middle Years Programme and actively endorse and promote the principles that underpin it. Additionally, the MYP Coordinator will be expected to provide positive leadership that builds and sustains a healthy MYP culture amongst all Secondary faculty.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Passionate and experienced teacher (Years 7-12)
- Experience working with Middle Years (Years 7-10) students and staff
- Previous experience in a school management / leadership role.
- Oversight of curriculum and learning during Grades 7-10 (the MYP phase) with a particular focus on the academic and holistic successes and progress of individual students.
- Responsibility for the administrative aspects of the MYP, including curriculum documentation, and any internal and external assessments.
- Have a thorough understanding of program requirements and curriculum planning for students in years 7 to 10 (including those with learning enrichment needs)
- Experience in keeping up to date with curriculum requirements across all Key Learning Areas (KLAs)
- Experience using student admin systems recommended
- Experience using OneNote recommended
- Experience with the NESA and IB Curriculums
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to lead teachers and students toward continuous improvement
- Show a proven ability to effectively engage and motivate students
- empower teachers to facilitate authentic learning experiences that extend beyond individual subject content
- engage students in their learning to develop future skills
- promote international mindedness
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively collaborate with other teachers, and lead a team
- Possess a strong work ethic, striving for continuous improvement and the achievement of high standards
- A leader who can form strong relationships with students, teachers and the wider community
- Employ a range of leadership methodologies to motivate staff and enable positive student outcomes
- A leader who purposefully and effectively embraces technology in education
- Possess general IT skills (eg. Win 10, Office 365, Learning Management System)
- Respectful of the College ethos and commitment to the College community
MYP Coordinator Specific Role:
- Creating and reviewing the school’s MYP action plan
- Allocating resources and establishing priorities
- Allocating and leading meeting time for planning, timetabling or scheduling
- Orientating and training new teachers
- Assessing professional development needs
- Providing individual teacher support
- Reviewing the curriculum, and curriculum documentation and development in the school
- Planning for the personal project, including the allocation of supervisors
- Preparing for regular programme evaluation
- A commitment to, and belief in, the IB mission and learner profile.
- Willingness to lead through collaboration, and develop a coherent team approach to the implementation and delivery of the MYP
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills
- High quality communication skills (both written and verbal), and well developed interpersonal capabilities
- Diligent, hardworking, and prepared to lead by example
- Flexible, adaptable, and creative
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and three current referees and be directed to:
Dr Wissam Mustapha, Headmaster
Email: [email protected]
Al Zahra College, PO Box A425
3-5 Wollongong Road, Arncliffe, New South Wales, 2205, Australia
Phone: (02) 9599 0161
Email: [email protected]