Senior Secondary (IB) Chemistry Teacher – Montessori Cycle 4 & 5
- Brighton East location – Inner Metro, easily accessible by public transport
- EBA conditions with variety of Professional Development opportunities
- Teach small class size with support of experienced Montessori teachers
This position will work with our International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme educating students across our senior school, with essential focus IB Chemistry and General Science. It is a very exciting time to join our school community as we continue on our journey of growth and change.
- An established early childcare service, kindergarten, primary and middle school
- Senior secondary school, with IB Diploma offered since 2019
- A provider of quality education using Montessori pedagogy
- Led by grace and courtesy to support a vibrant community which includes approx. 450 students and 75 staff across two campuses
An independent, co-educational environment currently catering for playgroup and also children from 18 months of age to end of Secondary School. Using the Montessori approach, we nurture intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical growth for the development of a whole, healthful being.
- Experienced Chemistry teacher to Year 11 and 12 with experience in the International Baccalaureate highly desirable
- Experience in general science or IB-SEHS
- Montessori trained or interested to engage in formal and informal PD
- Focused on working as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate highly developed communication and collaboration skills
- Have VIT or eligible for Teaching registration in Victoria
- Energetic with a collaborative approach
- Able to deliver curriculum that caters for varying learnings styles and engages students
Teaching in our community school, you will give each child the opportunity to learn from others and the flexibility to develop their personality at their own pace, both socially and intellectually.
- Teaching position to small groups, located in Brighton East
- Supported by an experienced Montessori and IB Teachers
- Quality Montessori education delivered across two campuses
- A collaborative team environment with proven success enhancing student learning outcomes
- EBA conditions, and wide range of professional development opportunities
- Above industry standard Time Release/Non-Face-to-Face Teaching time
Position will teach IB Chemistry SL, IB SEHS HL which will include lab manager responsibilities. This position can also include general science (Bio, Chem, Physics) and possibly support other students with microeconomy or community work. Potential for 0.5 FTE. Currently a 2 year contract position. Enquire for full details.
How to apply
For full job details or to get a position description, speak to Jessica / Archana in HR 03 9131 5201
To apply, submit a Resume and brief Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this position via the seek website.
Melbourne Montessori School is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
More about us
Visit our website to find out more about us www.melbournemontessori.vic.edu.au/employment/
Programs include Parent and Toddler playgroups, an Early Learning Program, Kindergarten, Primary School, and a growing Senior School (approved IB School in 2019).
Using the Montessori approach, we nurture intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical growth for the development of a whole, healthful being.
There are two campuses, one in Caulfield South and one in Brighton East.
Each campus has age appropriate outdoor spaces with interesting structures, and classrooms equipped with Montessori materials. These environments are prepared for children and adolescents at each developmental level, and allow them to take responsibility for their own education. As a result, our students develop a life-long passion for learning.
All classes (excluding IB) are multi-age, giving each child the opportunity to learn from others and the flexibility to develop their personality at their own pace, both socially and intellectually.