Head of Science
Newington College is looking for an inspired educator to lead our Science department and spearhead Science at the College. We believe that the achievements of Science are extraordinary and that Science classes offer a window into a world that is complex, rich and stirring. We want as many students as possible to think this too. Your role as Head of Science would be to lead your already excellent team to teach as well as they can, stretch the boys, run an effective department and inculcate a love of Science as far as possible. Newington College is, we think, a great place to teach. It is a community of educators who take their vocation seriously, work hard, are respected and get the resources to make the most of their lessons. Our boys are (usually) curious, open-minded and engaging.
- You will be a registered teacher by the NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA) with appropriate teaching and tertiary qualifications.
- You will have a sound understanding of the learning needs of boys and engage boys in a vibrant education program across Years 7 – 12.
- You will have a proven ability to work as an effective member of an enthusiastic team.
- You will utilise appropriate technologies to enhance the teaching program.
- You will be prepared to participate in the College co-curricular program.
- You will show a genuine appreciation and commitment to pastoral care and be prepared to participate in an active co-curricular program.
- Applications should not be more than four A4 pages as one attachment (PDF format preferred).
- Applications should have a covering letter of not more than two pages, which includes a statement in support of your candidacy.
- Applicants must apply electronically for their application to be considered. The online application form can be accessed at: https://www.newington.nsw.edu.au/about-newington/careers/
- In your application please quote HOSIB
- Applications close Tuesday 18 August 2020 at 4:00 pm