IB Diploma Programme Coordinator
- City fringe location with multiple transport options
- Full time permanent role
- Opportunity to be a founding teacher in a brand new IB Diploma School
IES College is located in Spring Hill, Brisbane and has been educating young people for more than twenty years to prepare them for study at The University of Queensland. IES College is excited to offer a new addition to our services by opening our International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme school offering years 11 & 12 commencing in 2021.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
IES College is an independent secular co-educational school that values and celebrate diversity in our community. Our experienced teaching and professional staff work alongside our students with care, and provide young people from diverse backgrounds and experiences with the skills and values to create positive change in the world. Our smaller school setting will enable each student to make a positive contribution, to reach their potential, and to feel safe, supported and heard. Our highly qualified teaching and professional staff are passionate about working with students to build knowledge and experiences that will shape their characters and lives. Student Success Advisors will also work alongside our students, providing health and wellbeing support and guidance. Our fully refurbished Spring Hill building is welcoming and comfortable learning hub for students. Light-filled spaces for collaboration and socialising, quiet places for concentration and deep thinking, flexible classrooms that can be transformed for purpose, as well as STEM and art studios, technology and multimedia resources, performing arts space and more.
The IBDP Coordinator role is a key leadership role in the development and whole of school implementation of the IB Diploma Programme at IES College with responsibilities for pedagogical leadership, programme administration and communication of the IB Mission. The Coordinator needs to have good knowledge of the IB regulations and procedures so that IES College can commence teaching Year 11 students in 2021.
- Lead the collaborative development of IBDP curriculum and assessment for 13 subjects (Group 1-6 subjects and the Theory of Knowledge) with academic staff.
- Lead the collaborative development of the IBDP Core (CAS, TOK, EE)
- Creation, review and maintenance of the IB Assessment and Academic Honesty Policy consistent with the requirements of the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) Diploma Programme.
Essential Skills required
- Tertiary qualifications with post graduate qualifications desirable
- Registered teacher with the Queensland College of Teachers or satisfy the necessary criteria to gain registration as a priority
- Minimum of five to ten years teaching experience to diverse student groups in Australia and internationally
- Previous experience as an IBDP teacher and experience as an IBDP Coordinator highly preferred
- Detailed knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Standards and Practices.
This is a positive environment where people are passionate about what they do. You will have the opportunity to work for an innovative, stable and growing organisation which offers career and personal development. Along with an attractive remuneration package, IES offer salary packaging benefits and corporate contribution private health care. The opportunity to work in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme makes IES College staff employable all around the world.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that may arise in the next 6 months.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
International Education Services Ltd (IES) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agencies please.
Location: Spring Hill, Brisbane
Contract: Full time, permanent
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your suitability for the role through the Seek link http://www.seek.com.au/job/50434200