Seabrook Primary School
Virtual School Tour:
Seabrook PS is a large PYP primary school located in the Western suburbs of Melbourne, which caters for students from Foundation to Year 6. The overall socio-economic profile of the school is high and the proportion of students with English as a second language is high.
Seabrook Primary is very proud of its achievement in student learning. Parents, students and staff all acknowledge that Seabrook PS has high expectations for learning. Performance in NAPLAN demonstrates that the school is excelling in Year 3 and Year 5 in all areas. High Growth from Year 3 to Year 5 is evident.
Seabrook is an authorised Primary Years Programme school of the International Baccalaureate.
Primary Years Programme (PYP)
Seabrook is an authorised IB school which offers the Primary Years Programme.
PYP at Seabrook Primary School encompasses:
- A safe, secure and stimulating environment based on understanding and respect, atmosphere is positive, respectful and inclusive
- Offers global information that supports inquiry
- Students to be actively responsible for their learning
- A wide range of teaching strategies including mind mapping, De Bono's hats, thinkers keys, multiple intelligences
- Students as critical thinkers
- Children to be confident in expressing views, children supported to reflect, make informed, independent choices
- Students to take action
- Students to be engaged in informative dialogue about their learning
- The total growth of the developing child, touching hearts as well as minds and
social, physical, emotional and cultural needs in addition to academic progress.
- Student agency
- Develop an understanding of important concepts
- Conduct research through inquiry that has local and global relevance
- Acquire a broad range of essential skills