About IB Schools Australasia
IB Schools Australasia (formerly AAIBS) was established specifically to assist schools in Australasia, providing a network of professional support, information and service. Schools new to the IB programme will find such assistance particularly useful. The Association also organises an annual Speaker Series and produces a newsletter and a variety of support materials.
The purposes of IB Schools Australasia are:
To support the goals and objectives of the International Baccalaureate Organisation and the IB World Schools schools in Australasia.
To provide support for the International Baccalaureate programmes in Australasian IB World Schools.
To facilitate communication among International Baccalaureate schools in Australasia.
To liaise on behalf of IB Schools Australasia member schools with the Ministries of Education and with professional educational organisations in Australasia.
To act upon request or when deemed necessary so as to promote the recognition of the International Baccalaureate Diploma as a qualification for entry to universities in Australasia.
To support the professional development programmes of the International Baccalaureate in particular those sponsored by the International Baccalaureate originating in member schools.
To promote research into the benefits of the International Baccalaureate programme and examinations.
The income and property of IB Schools Australasia (formerly AAIBS) shall be applied solely in furtherance of its purposes and no portion shall be distributed directly or indirectly except as compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the Association.
BENEFITS FOR JOINING THE ASSOCIATION
- Discounted registration rate to attend IB Workshops sponsored by IB Schools Australasia (IBSA).
- Annual rebate of up to $300 to schools for registration to IB Workshops sponsored by IB Schools Australasia and the Conference.
- Free graduation certificates for students in all three programmes.
- Web presence on the IB Schools Australasia website
- Being part of a body of Australasian IB World Schools - vital for lobbying governments, educational authorities, admissions centres, universities etc.
- Access to networking and professional development opportunities
- Sponsorship of major member school events (for example the Victorian/Tasmanian Diploma Programme Art exhibition, State graduation ceremonies)
Want to join IB Schools Australasia?
IB Schools Australasia (formerly AAIBS) runs an annual Speaker Series, provides certificates and web presence for member schools at ibschoolsaustralasia.org and will extend this to local associations of member schools as part of the annual membership fee. Member schools can claim up to three $100 discounts for staff that are registered for the Annual Conference. IB Schools Australasia (formerly AAIBS) also runs IB approved professional development, such as IB teacher training workshops in all three IB programmes.
Annual membership fees are:
- Full membership for Authorised schools is $500.00 (GST exempt)
- Associate Membership for recognised Implementing schools is $ 200.00 (GST exempt)
- Partner Membership $150.00 (GST exempt)
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org