About IB Schools Australasia
IB Schools Australasia (formerly AAIBS) was established specifically to assist schools in Australasia, providing a network of professional support, information and service. Schools new to the IB programme will find such assistance particularly useful. The Association also organises an annual Speaker Series and produces a newsletter and a variety of support materials.
The purposes of IB Schools Australasia are:
To support the goals and objectives of the International Baccalaureate Organisation and the IB World Schools in Australasia.
To provide support for the International Baccalaureate programmes in Australasian IB World Schools.
To facilitate communication among International Baccalaureate schools in Australasia.
To liaise on behalf of IB Schools Australasia member schools with the Ministries of Education and with professional educational organisations in Australasia.
To act upon request or when deemed necessary so as to promote the recognition of the International Baccalaureate Diploma as a qualification for entry to universities in Australasia.
To support the professional development programmes of the International Baccalaureate in particular those sponsored by the International Baccalaureate originating in member schools.
To promote research into the benefits of the International Baccalaureate programme and examinations.
The income and property of IB Schools Australasia (formerly AAIBS) shall be applied solely in furtherance of its purposes and no portion shall be distributed directly or indirectly except as compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the Association.
Who can IB Schools Australasia support?
Throughout our history we have been proud to support schools in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
We were recently approached by the IB to support some candidate schools in the South West Pacific.
With our constitution stating:
“Australasian” shall mean Australia and adjacent islands of the South West Pacific
We are pleased to confirm that should the need arise we look forward to supporting all adjacent islands of the South West Pacific including:
American Samoa, Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Wallis and Futuna Islands.
HOW IB SCHOOLS AUSTRALASIA ADVOCATES FOR MEMBER SCHOOLS
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE ASSOCIATION
- Free advertising of career opportunities within member schools on our website, facebook and Linkedin pages and in our weekly employment opportunities bulletin
- Free graduation certificates for students in all four programmes.
- Web presence on the IB Schools Australasia website
- Being part of a body of Australasian IB World Schools - vital for lobbying governments, educational authorities, admissions centres, universities etc.
- Access to networking and professional development opportunities
Are you interested in Advertising through IB Schools Australasia or sponsoring one of our upcoming events?
Membership enquiries can also be sent to Rebecca Hammond [email protected]
Want to join IB Schools Australasia?
As an Association of International Baccalaureate® World Schools, IB Schools Australasia has been formerly recognised by the IB and we work closely with the IB to advocate on behalf of our member schools. Associations can be an indispensable resource for both those schools new to the IB as well as those well-established schools.
All Authorized, Candidate and Partner schools in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Fiji are eligible to join IB Schools Australasia.
IB Schools Australasia provides a number of services to our member schools:
- Access to Professional Learning, specifically designed for our Member Schools: Speaker Series and in-house MELT workshops
- Employment Services: Free of charge advertisement of school positions through our website (new in 2018) and on social media
- School Promotion Opportunities: Listing on our website and Social Media promotion
- Access to courses for students: PYP Student Speaker Series (New in 2018) and MYP Student Speaker Series
- Networking opportunities: Our complimentary AGM professional learning event and Speaker Series events are designed to allow for inter school networking opportunities.
- Newsletters for Member Schools: Our monthly newsletters highlight developments and or opportunities for member schools
- IB Schools Australasia Certificates for Students and Awards Booklet Template: Our Certificates for PYP, MYP and DP students can be used for in school and state based awards ceremonies. In 2017, we introduced an Awards booklet template that could be and Network awards ceremonies to recognise student achievements.
- Lobbying support for Member Schools in relation to the International Baccalaureate
Annual membership fees are:
- Full membership for Authorised schools is $500.00 (GST exempt)
- Associate Membership for recognised Implementing schools is $ 200.00 (GST exempt)
- Partner Membership $150.00 (GST exempt)
Our Membership Information and Application form can be downloaded here
For further information please contact us at [email protected]