Is your school looking to join IB Schools Australasia for the 2020-21 year?
We realise for many schools the school year has started, however our new membership year commences on 1 April.
To ensure schools can make the most out of their membership, candidate or authorised IB schools wishing to join the association for the 2020-21 financial year can have their membership benefits brought forward to cover the remaining months of February and March.
If your school is not a member of IB Schools Australasia we would love for you to join us!
IB Schools Australasia is your school’s local Association of International Baccalaureate® World Schools. IB Schools Australasia has been formerly recognised by the IB and we work closely with the IB to advocate on behalf of our member schools.
Membership is open to all Candidate, Authorised and Partner schools within Australasia including Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and the islands of the South West Pacific.
In the first months of 2020, IB Schools Australasia is once again running our Gap Membership Promotion.
For new member schools this will mean:
- Employment Services – IB Schools Australasia has advertised over 750 positions within our member schools since September 2017. Advertising positions is a complimentary service included as part of our membership fee. All positions are advertised on our website, in weekly employment bulletin and through our Social media channels. Our careers service has had an upgrade over the school holidays allowing employers to log in and post positions directly to the website. This will ensure your school is able to advertise your available positions with greater speed and accuracy.
- Your School at www.ibaustralasia.org - Only member schools are included on our website. Our website is becoming a ‘first stop’ for parents seeking the details of IB Schools in our region. Our website is designed so that the school profile pages enhance your own school’s website visibility in Google’s unpaid search results and Domain/Page Authority. Our school webpages can now include videos of your school. These will also be made available through our Vimeo channel. This will provide another opportunity to profile your school.
- Discounted Registration fees for the 2020 Speaker Series - We have secured Louka Parry, a former principal and Inspirational Public Secondary Teacher of the year for South Australia to deliver the 2020 Speaker Series. The 2020 Speaker Series will take place in 7 cities throughout May. Member schools receive a discounted rate.
Louka has spent the last five years training thousands of educators and leaders globally (in both English and Spanish) to increase their positive impact and create future-focused learning and positive cultures. He holds two Masters degrees, speaks five languages and is a fellow of Salzburg Global Seminar. He is committed to equipping individuals, schools and organisations for the future of society through enabling a shift towards impactful social, emotional and academic capabilities that enable us to benefit from lifelong and life-wide learning.
- Access to discounted early bird tickets to IBSA2020: Understanding Local to Embrace Global- Our inaugural bi-annual conference will take place in Melbourne from 28-30 September, 2020.
Our conference is designed to reflect on our uniquely Australasian context and how we can best implement the IB mission in our schools. Catering for the variety of roles within IB Schools, this conference will provide sessions and workshops specifically designed for school leaders, IB coordinators, curriculum leaders, subject teachers and IB administrators.
With earlybird ticket sales commencing in the coming weeks this is an opportunity to access both the member school discount and early bird discount.
For further information on our professional learning events please visit our website at: https://ibaustralasia.org/events
For schools joining in February or March 2020 our membership fees are as follows:
- Full Membership for Authorised Schools AU$500 (GST exempt)
- Associate Membership for recognised candidate schools AU$250 (GST exempt)
The following membership benefits are included in the annual membership fee:
- Employment Services
- School promotion through our website
- Lobbying on behalf of Member Schools
- Certificates for Students
- Newsletters for member schools
- Results release media coverage
Our Professional Learning events attract an additional pay per service charge, however our Member schools receive discounted rates:
- Annual Speaker Series
- IBSA 2020: Understanding Local to Embrace Global - bi-annual conference commencing in 2020
- Leadership Symposium (This bi-annual one day event will be back in 2021)
If you would like to take advantage of this offer please return the Membership Form as soon as possible. An invoice for your membership fees will then be sent to you.
If you have any questions please feel free to give our Executive Assistant, Rebecca Hammond, a call on her mobile +61 (0)407 325 735 should you have any queries regarding the association.
The Membership Form can be downloaded here.
We look forward to supporting your school in 2020-21!