South Australian Middle Years Programme Coordinators (SAMYP)
We are a group of MYP Coordinators based within the Tertiary Sector and State, Catholic, Independent primary and secondary schools. We currently meet once a term to discuss matters related to the IB MYP. We support one another in our role as MYP Coordinators. We advocate for South Australian schools who are currently offering the MYP by keeping open the lines of communication with the IBAP office and through IB Schools Australasia.
Activities & services
- We offer professional learning annually in the form of:
- Induction for new staff across all of our schools held in Term 1
- In-depth exploration of a range of topics for all interested MYP teachers held over 2 evenings in Term 2
- We support schools who are interested in the MYP by fielding questions, inviting members to our meetings and our in-school events such as Projects Exhibitions.
- We support MYP Coordinators through ongoing dialogue in our meetings or via IB Programme Communities.