Kardinia International College
Kardinia International College is one of Australia’s high achieving world schools. It is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational school, providing a caring environment for more than 1900 local and international students from Kindergarten – Year 12. The College is located in Victoria’s second biggest city, Geelong, one hour by car or train from Melbourne.
- The main 22-hectare campus is in Bell Post Hill, Geelong has a beautiful learning environment including gardens, world class buildings and sporting facilities. A state-of-the-art indoor Aquatic Centre was opened in 2016.
- In 2017, we established our Year 5 unique rural 11-hectare farm campus, Kardinia Grove, located ten minutes from the main campus. The Kardinia Grove experience gives our students a unique opportunity to develop self by engaging in authentic, place-based learning experiences that are both sustainable and community-minded.
- Kardinia Sum Pun, our Year 9 campus in Chiang Mai Northern Thailand, provides an optional eight-week programme, designed as an intensive “self-discovery journey”. It endeavours to give students a deep and lasting international mindedness, where an understanding, acceptance and respect for different cultures, different religions and different ways of life become a hallmark of their character.
- The three and four-year-old Kindergarten and Junior School children study the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme.
- The Senior School provides a unique learning environment for students through a complete vertical curriculum in Years 7 - 10, which offers approximately 400 semester units enabling students to choose an individualised course of study suited to their ability levels, interests and needs, rather than their age.
- Year 11 and 12 students can choose to study either the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP) or the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE).
- The extremely dedicated teachers are always ready to help students at any time.
- The emphasis at every year level at Kardinia International College is on academic rigour and we are renowned for the outstanding results our students achieve in their Year 12 examinations every year. Our IB results are always well above the world average and our VCE results are often the best in the region.
- Complementing the academic programme is a diversity of many co-curricular activities available in the arts, music, cultural, community service and sport.
Primary Years Programme (PYP)
Kardinia International College is a well-established PYP school. The College has developed units of inquiry, which are academically challenging and focus on the development of the whole child. The programme of inquiry ensures all areas of learning are explored and that students are given the opportunity to inquire deeply into issues and content that are relevant and engaging. One unique element of the Programme of Inquiry at Kardinia International College is Kardinia Grove. Kardinia Grove is a separate, purpose built campus for Year 5 students to spend time learning about themselves, community and the environment. Six units of inquiry have been developed that maximise the unique learning environment of this campus.
Diploma Programme (DP)
Kardinia International College offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) as well as the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE). During their two-year IB Diploma studies, students undertake three Higher Level (HL) and three Standard Level (SL) subjects. In addition, students complete the core components of the Extended Essay, Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) of the Diploma. In selecting their IB subjects, students make realistic and informed choices. Realistic in that their choices are based on an honest assessment of their capability to successfully complete the chosen units. Informed in that they are selected after careful consideration of the student’s career aspirations and the prerequisites for entry to such careers. To maintain a wide range of options students should undertake a Mathematics unit at the highest level of their capability. Kardinia International College offers the internationally recognised IB Diploma to students, with small class sizes and experienced teachers. The school has seen much success through the development of its students in displaying the positive attributes of the IB Learner Profile, producing balanced, inquiring and reflective life-long learners upon graduation from the College.