20th Annual AAIBS Conference, 2009 April 17, 2009 - April 19, 2009
The AAIBS annual Conference allowed an opportunity for Principals. Coordinators and educational leaders to meet and discuss developments in the IB world in an Australasian context. Presentations made available to the organisers are now avaialble for download at http://www.aaibs.org/events/17
Conference theme: Human Ingenuity-Pedagogy for the C21st learners
Conference aim: The aim of the conference was for delegates to reflect on the theme of Human Ingenuity.
This was explored through the IB Learner Profile attributes of Inquiry, Knowledge, Thinkers and Communication.
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of the intellectual quality of learners today.
- Make connections between learning and the changing world.
- Listen to key-note speakers from both the educational and corporate world talk about the interconnection of learning and ingenuity.
- Share best practices with other schools
- Network and socialise with key IB personnel and staff from other authorised IB schools