* Part-Time Opportunity
* 2 Days Per Week
* Valued role as part of our Inclusive Education Team
International School of Western Australia is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational independent school for local and International students from Kindergarten to Year 12, running on a northern hemisphere calendar.
Our school embraces international mindedness, with students and families from approximately 40 nationalities forming the school community. We have recently relocated to our brand-new Doubleview campus and have an opportunity for an experienced Psychologist to join our team.
This is a part-time position (0.4FTE) working two days per week.
The School Psychologist works across years K-12, providing psychological expertise to promote social and emotional wellbeing, positive psychological health, and academic success.
Main responsibilities include
- Providing advice and support to ISWA staff in supporting students with additional needs.
- Monitoring the pastoral care needs of individual students where required and liaising with appropriate members of staff to provide feedback and advice on matters of student welfare.
- Providing developmentally appropriate counselling and best-practice interventions for children which aims to enhance their personal, social, and educational development.
- Providing appropriate referral options to families and maintaining an external liaison with external specialists and agencies when required.
- Providing support to staff in working with students and their families and referring staff to ISWA’s Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for support where appropriate.
To be considered for this position you will need:
- Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Registered or Clinical Psychologist.
- Experience working with children and young adults and their families.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and an ability to be proactive in building relationships across the School Community.
- An understanding of Psychological Assessments.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and a CV including three (3) relevant referees.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.