Psychology Teacher (with Religious Education / Economics / Business Studies)
MLC School is seeking a Psychology Teacher to commence in Term 1, 2020.
- Part Time (0.4 FTE) ongoing position
- Full Time available with Religious Education, Economics or Business Studies
- Start date: Term 1 2021
Founded in 1886 MLC School is an Australian Independent Girls’ School of the Uniting Church in Australia. MLC School’s mission is to educate and inspire young women to be fearless thinkers with moral courage and compassion to be agents of change in their own lives and the lives of others.
Our academic, co-curricular and pastoral care programs are responsive to the changing needs of these complex times and encourage girls to take measured risks, embrace innovation and adapt to change.
As a Psychology Teacher (with Religious Education / Economics / Business Studies), you possess superior interpersonal skills, have excellent classroom management and have the drive and energy to cultivate our students’ creativity, independence and confidence, along with enhancing our teachers’ practice.
The Psychology Teaching Allocation is 0.4 FTE.
Candidates who have the ability to teach Psychology with a combination of Comparative Religious Education, Economics, Business Studies will be considered favourably, and a full-time appointment may be available.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach Psychology HL and support outstanding results.
- Experience, or an interest, in teaching the IB Diploma Programme.
- Ability to engage students through the planning and delivery of high impact learning experiences.
- Experience as a classroom teacher.
- Strong commitment to ongoing development of classroom practice and a collaborative approach to teaching and learning.
- Confident IT capabilities that can support innovative classroom experiences and contribute to blended learning environment.
- Secondary School Teacher qualification approved by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
- Ability to teach other relevant disciplines including Comparative Religious Education, Economics or Business Studies an advantage.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a number of exciting benefits including:
- Professional learning opportunities
- Salary packaging
- Discounted School fees
- Onsite parking
- Access to the School’s gym and indoor Aquatic Centre
How to Apply:
Please click HERE to review the Position Description and submit your application to our website by 27th September 2020.