Prep/Learning Enhancement Teacher Assistant
- An exciting opportunity to join our team
- Temporary part time position (Thusday and Friday)
- Commencing Term 1, 2021
St. Peter’s is, and has always been, an excellent preparatory school, purposefully Primary and unashamedly Christian. Our traditions are long standing and are built on excellence.
The position of Prep/Learning Enhancement Teacher Assistant is to provide assistance to students in our Prep classes (4 years old students) and within the Learning Enhancement Unit.
The Prep/Learning Enhancement Teacher Assistant plays a key role in providing support and working alongside classroom teachers as part of a collaborative team.
The successful applicant must have the following personal qualities and requirements:-
- Minimum Certificate 3 / 4 qualification in Children’s Services and / or Teaching Assistant qualification or similar and experience working with students from 4 years of age.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills with various stakeholders (eg students, teachers, parents)
- Experience in supervision and/or behaviour management
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgement and initiative in supporting the students and teachers
- Demonstrated experience in working with students (please indicate year levels where appropriate)
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in assisting in the preparation and organisation of classroom teaching tools
- Experience in setting up for and assist in the implementation of indoor and outdoor learning programs
- Experience in working with groups of children, as directed by the teacher
- Experience in assisting students with a variety of additional needs
Applications Close: Thursday, 3 December 2020
A full position description can be located on our website https://www.stpeters.nsw.edu.au/discover/employment/
All applications must be made on our “Application for Employment - Support” form which is also located on our website. Applications not made on this form, will not be considered.
St. Peter's is a child safe organisation. Employment screening is mandatory in accordance with legislative requirements and the successful candidate must comply with the current NSW Child Protection Legislation.