Casual Primary School Teachers
Casual Teacher Primary | Primary School
- The School is seeking to appoint casual Primary School Teachers
- CGS is a vibrant and rewarding place to work with staff who are engaging, innovative, and are committed to helping our students be ready for the world
- Position commences as required
- Applications close - this is open until 3 December 2021
- Canberra Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
Canberra Grammar School is a leading co-educational independent day and boarding school offering outstanding academic education, co-curricular opportunities and pastoral care to students of all backgrounds and faiths within a community guided by Anglican values.
Our fundamental aspiration is to educate students who are curious, creative, confident and compassionate young citizens of the world.
The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. It offers highly competitive salary and superannuation, as well as attractive salary packaging arrangements, and a range of staff benefits, including parking, discounted lunches, flu vaccinations, employee assistance programmes, school fee concessions, and generous professional development funding.
For more information about the School, please visit: CGS.ACT.EDU.AU.
About the Role
The Primary School teacher has a responsibility to the Head of School through the Head of Primary to exercise the purpose and values of the School in and out of the classroom. In partnership with the Director of the relevant section of the Primary School, the teacher will deliver the academic program in a way that fosters the pursuit of excellence and the attainment of each student’s potential.
Whilst the role of the teacher is central to the holistic development of all students, the pastoral care system and Co-curricular Program play a vital role in this holistic development, with participation in these areas an expectation of the teacher.
As a teacher, the role-holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Essential Bachelor of Education, or equivalent;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Curriculum
- ACT TQI registration (or ability to obtain before commencement);
- Current Working with Vulnerable People registration;
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills;
- Comply with the School’s Code of Conduct and with the School’s policy and regulatory requirements;
- Respect and uphold the School’s Anglican values and ethos, while also respecting people of all backgrounds and faiths within the School community.
- Knowledge of the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), or Inquiry learning;
- Demonstrated understanding for student care and development;
- Ability to implement student care and development activities/initiatives.
CGS is an employer who promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including various professional development opportunities; superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff); a range of salary sacrifice benefits; access to the health clinic and annual influenza vaccinations, staff organisations/associations and representation, an employee assistance programme. And staff awards programme; and many other benefits which you can read about by visiting CGS.ACT.EDU.AU/EMPLOYMENT.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees of the School must be eligible to work with children in accordance with ACT Working with Vulnerable People checks, and all teachers at the School must have teacher registration, provisional registration or a permit to teach issued by the ACT Teacher Quality Institute prior to starting their employment.
How to Apply
For more information about this position, to view the full position description and to apply please click here.