Education Support Coordinator
- We are seeking a passionate and experienced teacher in education support, to join our team and our work to create outstanding programs for every student
- The Education Support Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Wellbeing Coordinator in implementing appropriate and relevant individual education programs and plans
- The Coordinator will work with the Wellbeing Coordinator and with classroom teachers in supporting children experiencing difficulty in learning, providing access to the curriculum by supporting their classroom learning
- The Education Support Coordinator will work with classroom teachers to develop within students, strategies and skills necessary to foster learning, independence and confidence, to facilitate ongoing progress and the attainment of optimal educational outcomes.
- This is an ongoing, full time position with a commencement date to be negotiated.
General Role Description
- Coordinate and oversee the Education Support program within the school
- Promote an inclusive educational environment that provides additional support for individual students and their learning needs
- Collaborate with Heads of Campus, Coordinators, teachers and specialists to provide education support for students with identified learning difficulties
- Ensure compliance with regulatory authorities
- Develop positive working partnerships with students, parents and staff to support and improve students’ learning
- Carry out diagnostic testing in order to design appropriate learning strategies for students in consultation with appropriate staff
- Liaise with external agencies (e.g. Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists) to identify students’ educational, social, linguistic, cultural and emotional needs
- Consult with teachers regarding IEPs (Individual Education Programs) for each student identified through the full school-based referral process as requiring support
- Support the development and maintenance of the school’s policies and procedures, particularly in relation to students with specific educational needs
- Complete funding applications for students identified with special needs and other relevant compliance documentation
- Display a thorough understanding of, and collect relevant data for, NCCD
- Review the budget for the Education Support department, and allocate spending according to the prioritised needs, within the annual budgetary constraints. This is done in consultation with the Business Manager
Full Position Description is available on the Preshil website
Preshil is committed to the protection of children and young people and safeguarding children from harm.
Applications close on Wednesday 28 April 2021 if the position is not filled prior. Applications will be considered upon receipt so please do not hesitate to submit your resume.
The letter of application, together with current CV and contact details for three referees (in one complete file) should be emailed to Kate Bowers, Human Resources Coordinator, [email protected]
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and hold current VIT registration.