Director of Business and Planning
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We would love you to join our team at Diocesan School for Girls in Auckland.
Imagine being part of a school where passion for teaching is actively nurtured. Where you have great technology and facilities at your fingertips. Where students are genuinely excited to learn. Sound appealing? We are one of New Zealand’s leading independent girls’ schools, with an outstanding reputation for our approach to curriculum design and learning. We welcome day students and boarders from preschool, right through to Year 13. Our academic record stands for itself, but Dio stands for so much more. We believe that education is an adventure involving creativity, imagination and discovery.
Are you our new Director of Business and Planning?
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We’d love you to join ours.
As a member of the School’s Executive Leadership team, this role of Director of Business and Planning will play a critical part in achieving our strategic plan, particularly our campus development plan and provision of world-class technology and services to support our students, staff and community.
This position is responsible for leading the teams who deliver many of the business support services to the School, including Finance, ICT infrastructure, Property, Business Information Management, Health & Safety including security and cyber safety. The right person will also lead the ongoing implementation and project management of the long term development of our campus and facilities.
The person we are looking for will be:
- A dynamic and engaging leader who is committed to ensuring a supportive, high trust, and collaborative environment. Ideally you have had prior experience working at a senior management or executive level.
- Strong financial and strategic experience, coupled with a high level of business acumen and pragmatism.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally, at all levels.
- Developed understanding and advocate for the use of technology and the digital environment.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Previous experience working in the educational sector will be an advantage.
Diocesan School for Girls is a place of academic, sporting and cultural excellence. We are a high performing independent Anglican School with girls who are motivated to learn. Our students have access to state of the art educational, performing arts and sporting facilities. Our staff have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities. Our school is a place of innovation and inspiration, where we help girls develop skills for the ever-changing world.
What can we offer?
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Access to fitness centre, pool and physiotherapist services
- Covered staff car parking on site
- Competitive remuneration
Sound like you? Please apply online via our link: https://diocesan.elmotalent.co.nz/careers/external/job/view/85 and send through your application by 20th September 2021.
For further information about the role, please email Jocelyn Anso, Director of People and Culture on [email protected]