HSIE Teacher – Geography, Economics and Business Management with potential leadership opportunity
MLC School is looking for an engaging and dedicated HSIE Teacher specialising in Geography, Economics and Business Management. A leadership opportunity also exists as Assistant Head of Department – HSIE for the right candidate.
Full Time Ongoing (1.0FTE)
Start date: 1 November 2021 or by negotiation
Closing date: 23 September 2021
MLC School is looking for an engaging and dedicated HSIE Teacher specialising in Geography, Economics and Business Management who will educate and inspire young women to be fearless thinkers with moral courage and compassion to be agents of change in their own lives and in the lives of others. A leadership opportunity also exists as Assistant Head of Department – HSIE for the right candidate.
About MLC School
Founded in 1886, MLC School is an independent, nonselective Uniting Church school for girls from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 in Sydney’s inner-west. Our tagline ‘dare to be more’ is not only our goal for our students, it applies equally to our staff.
Our highly professional staff, under the guidance of Principal Ms Lisa Moloney, challenge girls and encourage them to question traditional perceptions and roles of women.
The MLC School girl is at the heart of everything we do.
Who is the MLC School girl?
The MLC School girl is empowered with skills and capabilities that enable her to be adaptive, compassionate and courageous so she can confidently take her place in an ever-changing society. She embraces new challenges and opportunities; and strives for excellence. She is cared for and well supported so that she can confidently focus on her own individual, personal and academic growth. A wide selection of subject choices, as well as an extensive co-curricular program, aims to empower girls to be self-reliant and play an active role in their futures.
About the position
MLC School Teachers are responsible for designing and delivering innovative teaching programs aligned to the MLC School Learning and Teaching Framework, policies and practices of MLC School. This position works in collaboration within the HSIE Department to facilitate learning within a collaborative environment to cultivate in students learning dispositions of curiosity, collaboration, open-mindedness, accountability, empathy and self-awareness.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability and commitment to:
- planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs that foster the social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth of students, confirming that the programs cater for the learning needs and wellbeing of all students;
- planning, designing and delivering differentiated learning programs that address variations in learning styles and ability levels;
- incorporating the appropriate use of ICT and related technologies into your teaching practice to enhance student learning in the classroom;
- teaching HSC Economics and IB Business Management and/or HSC Business Studies and supporting the MLC School girl to achieve outstanding results. Ability to teach Junior Geography is highly desirable;
- delivering service excellence to parents and carers by proactively engaging with and responding promptly and courteously to enquiries and requests for information;
- ongoing development of classroom practice and a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
- contributing to the ‘whole girl’ learning experience through your contribution to co-curricular programs; and
- ongoing personal and professional development.
Ability to, or an interest in teaching the IB Diploma Programme is highly desirable.
Early career teachers are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a number of excellent benefits including:
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
- CPR and First Aid CertificationState of the art facilities and collegiate environment
- Employee Assistance Program available to you and your immediate family
- Salary packaging and access to LSL after 5 years’ service
- Discounted School fees
- Onsite parking, easy access to public transport and Westfield Shopping Centre
- Access to the School’s gym and indoor Aquatic Centre
How to apply:
All applications are to be submitted via MLC School’s online Careers Portal and include:
- a cover letter addressing the vacancy being applied for;
- a resume;a copy of your academic transcript; and
- the names and contact details of three confidential referees.
You must upload your application in a single PDF document.
Applications close on 23 September 2021.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only and MLC School reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
We do not welcome interest from recruitment agencies at this time.