Visual Arts Assistant
- Permanent Part-Time Position
- 4 days per week
- Term time and some work during the non-term time by request
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church Prep to Year 12 day and boarding school for girls located on Sydney’s North Shore. Ravenswood offers both the HSC and the IB Diploma Programme as well as the PYP in the Junior School. It is a school where students enjoy outstanding academic success supported by innovative teaching practices that are underpinned by a whole school approach to Positive Education.
Ravenswood is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Visual Arts Assistant to join our Visual Arts Department. The successful applicant will enjoy being part of a busy team, be able to prioritise and manage deadlines, and have a can-do attitude.
Reporting to the Visual Arts Coordinator, the Visual Arts Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and day-to-day support to the Visual Arts department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ordering of supplies required for the Visual Arts department
- Keeping art areas in order and preparation of art rooms for teaching;
- Packing and unpacking kilns as required;
- Provide assistance to teachers during lessons;
- Managing the administration needs of the department, including but not limited to word-processing, budgeting, invoicing, ordering of stock, photocopying;
- Liaise with Property team regarding maintenance requirements, events, exhibitions;
- Maintain registers including chemical MSDS.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Ceramics Specialisation (highly desirable);
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe CC is desirable);
- Highly organised with good attention to detail;
- Good planning and problem solving skills;
- Experienced and comfortable using Visual Art equipment;
- Digital Camera and Photographic Methodology;
- Sophisticated understanding of art practices;
- Flexibility and adaptability; and
- Ability to work independently with initiative.
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume.
Ravenswood School for Girls is dedicated to maintaining a child safe environment and is committed to the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the School with their Working With Children Check number in order to be eligible for this position.
It is a requirement of employment to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) for COVID-19.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 22 October 2022
If you have any questions please contact Kathryn Minkley, Acting Visual Arts Coordinator on 02 9498 9929 or by email [email protected]
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church IB World School.