School Bus Driver
Fantastic part time opportunities for suitably qualified bus drivers to transport school students between Wollongong and Helensburgh.
- Commencing January 2022 (Term 1)
- Permanent Part-time and Casual opportunities
- 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- School terms only (38 weeks per year)
St Mary Star of the Sea College is a proud Catholic Secondary school of Good Samaritan Education. The College has played a significant role in the education of women in the Illawarra for over 148 years. St Mary’s is a technology-rich environment which encourages innovation and creativity through its IB Middle Years Program (Years 7-10), promoting Catholic values through its high standard of pastoral care and commitment to collaborative teaching and learning.
The College is seeking a school bus driver to transport students safely to and from school between Helensburgh and the College (Wollongong) on a permanent part-time basis.
Applications are also being accepted for this position on a casual basis.
About the Role:
- Commencing January 2022 (School term 1)
- 4 hours p/day broken shifts (6:45am-8:45am; 3:00pm-5:00pm) Monday to Friday
- Return route between the College in Wollongong and Helensburgh twice daily
- 38 weeks per year (school term-time position)
- Salary and conditions (including allowance for broken shift) in accordance with the NSW Catholic Independent Schools (Support Staff - Model B) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2020
- Current Light Rigid (LR) NSW Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check for paid employment
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Punctuality and organisational skills with the ability to plan and complete tasks efficiently and safely.
- Demonstrated track record and commitment to safe driving and workplace health and safety with sound understanding of the health and safety risks associated with the role.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with students, parents and staff.
A position description and application form are available on the College website: www.stmarys.nsw.edu.au/our-college/employment/
Applications for permanent part-time and casual positions close Sunday 31 October, 11pm.
TO APPLY: Please submit the following to [email protected]
- Completed application form (Admin and Non-Teaching Staff)
- Current CV and
- Brief cover letter, specifying your preference for permanent part-time or casual position.