English A Language & Literature Teacher for Junior and Senior Secondary (IB)
The German International School Sydney (GISS) is currently seeking an experienced English A Language & Literature Teacher for Junior Secondary (GISS curriculum - a combination of NSW and German curriculum) and, Senior Secondary (IB Diploma Programme). The ability and flexibility to teach across other disciplines, such as ToK and/or Psychology would be ideal.
GISS is a small international school offering a bilingual education programme (German and English) from Preschool to the bilingual IB-Diploma. It is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) and is registered by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and, the Federal Republic of Germany as a German School Abroad.
The school is a highly reputable co-educational school that has a rich history of quality education and aims to provide an enjoyable workplace for its staff. GISS achieved “Excellent German School Abroad” status in September 2017 and was awarded 14 commendations in our latest IB Evaluation in November 2018.
As a bilingual school (English/ German), it would be preferable if the candidate is able to teach in both languages of instruction, but this is not mandatory for this position since these subjects are instructed in English.
Applicants are required to have:
- current NESA teacher accreditation,
- current Working with Children Check,
- the right to work in Australia.
Key descriptors and skills:
- Demonstrated effectiveness and experience as a teacher for secondary students.
- Being a flexible team player with an international, growth mindset who will contribute positively and collaboratively to a multi-disciplinary teaching team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with students, parents/carers, and colleagues.
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, continuous school improvement meetings, and other professional opportunities.
- Being committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population in a bilingual, international, and inclusive, non-selective learning environment.
- Embracing and promoting our philosophical guiding statements to support, maintain and uphold our school’s values, ethos, mission, and vision.
This permanent part-time / full-time position will commence on 27 January 2022. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position, to the Principal Dr. Lorenz Metzger ([email protected]).
Applications close 13th December 2021, but we may make an appointment prior to the deadline, for the right candidate.