School Leader C - Executive Teacher Primary
Gold Creek School is seeking a dynamic, forward thinking leader for our Junior School P-6 site who values the importance of collaboration and building relationships. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong teaching practice across the primary years with a passion for inquiry based pedagogy. The successful applicant will lead teams to ensure success for all students.
As a member of the wider P-10 executive team, the successful applicant will support the Principal to implement the school’s new five year Strategic Plan with a focus on building a strong school culture and connection to community.
As a member of the executive team:
- Lead teams to design and deliver high quality programs to maximise student agency and ownership of learning
- Lead teams to support the academic and social success of all students through personalised learning
- Coach and mentor staff to continue to strengthen Gold Creek School’s inquiry based approach to learning
- Work closely as part of the Junior School executive team to support the management of the operational needs of the P-6 site
- Collaboratively lead school improvement
- Prior to commencing in this role a minimum of four years full time (or equivalent) tertiary study leading to the award of a recognised school teaching qualification; a current full teaching registration with the ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) (or eligibility for teacher registration with the ACT TQI) and a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804
Notes: In accordance with the Public Health (ACT School or Early Childhood Education and Care Workers COVID-19 Vaccination) Emergency Direction 2021, all ACT Education Directorate employees working in the following education settings will be required to provide evidence of their ability to comply with the public health direction, including having received a current course of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or holding an approved exemption (where applicable):
- schools that cater for children under 12 (preschool to year 6 schools)
- specialist schools
- flexible learning programs, and
- early childhood education and care services (including out of school hours care)
- P-10 schools where they share a campus with those younger years.
High schools and colleges that do not share a campus with primary school students are not covered by the mandate.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should provide a curriculum vitae, statement of claims based on the capabilities outlined in the application package and contact information of two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below in the the link Apply Now
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.