- Start date negotiable with successful candidate
- SEQ leading independent boys school
- Join an enthusiastic team and work with passionate people
- Exciting opportunity to progress your teaching career
Anglican Church Grammar School, known internationally as "Churchie", has an exciting vision to ensure that the School remains at the forefront of boys' education. Building on a foundation over 100 years Churchie has pursued a philosophy of preparing students to be well-balanced men, contributing positively to the community. This pursuit is characterised by our emphasis on the four tenets of our education programme; Academic Excellence, Spiritual Awareness, Personal Growth, and Service.
Churchie’s purpose is to offer a world-class educational programme including an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme along with the Australian Curriculum to facilitate lifelong learning, by optimising opportunities for leadership, creative excellence, and participation for every student. This vision seeks to establish the School as an international leader in academic, creative, pastoral, co-curricular and service pursuits. Foremost to this vision will be talented and enthusiastic staff.
Churchie is currently seeking a highly motivated candidate for the following role to contribute to the vision of the Making of Men for the global community.
We wish to invite experienced preparatory teachers to apply for an exciting opportunity as Executive Teacher for the Preparatory School of Churchie.
You will be required to:
- Lead and co-ordinate the teaching of literacy and numeracy in the Preparatory School;
- Take a leadership role in the planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation of the School’s PYP curriculum and pedagogy in particular year levels, as directed by the Deputy Head (Curriculum);
- Teach a 0.5 FTE teaching load (as a member of the Personalised Learning Team);
- Help maintain a positive behavioural and academic tone in the Preparatory School;
- Provide support for teachers in the pastoral care of Preparatory School boys;
- Take a leadership role in e-learning in the Prep School.
All staff at Churchie are expected to support the philosophies of the School, must either hold or be able to obtain a Blue Card and/or be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers.
Interested persons, should in the first instance, consider carefully the Position Description and Selection Criteria documentation which can be found on the Churchie website. Applications must include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria.
Applications are to be submitted via Seek and addressed to:
Anglican Church Grammar School
East Brisbane Qld 4169
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Anglican Church Grammar School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.