Good Shepherd is seeking a Humanities teacher for its Middle / Senior campus in the beautiful semi-rural suburb of Howard Springs in the Top End. (25 minutes south of Darwin). Experience in teaching Individuals and Societies and familiarity with the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme is an advantage.
Good Shepherd is seeking a Humanities Teacher for its beautiful Middle / Senior Campus in Howard Springs, 25 minutes south of Darwin. This secondary campus is known for its strengths-based teaching and delivery of exemplary education to Middle and Senior School students. The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme for Years 6-10 students is highly regarded in the region and beyond.
This position also offers leadership opportunities.
Good Shepherd pays above award salaries and offers generous relocation assistance.
"With Christ at our centre we equip our students to become flourishing, knowledgeable and compassionate people who enrich the lives of others with a servant heart".
Good Shepherd fosters a culture that is community focused, relational, nurturing, inclusive and gracious.
Teachers are responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfil their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological growth. They are responsible for organising and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with the policies and procedures at Good Shepherd Lutheran College.
Implement instructional activities where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
• Identify, select and differentiate instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
• Play a part in developing school curriculum as appropriate to the role
• Assess, track and report on the learning of pupils
• Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
• Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
• Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers and community.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents and peers
• Undertake appropriate and agreed continuing professional development
• Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines and schedules.
• Contribute to community and corporate aspects of school life
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their MYP Coordinator, NTCET Coordinator and Head of School.
Experience and Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience in developing units of work
• Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering education programs,
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers
Educational and Vocational Qualifications
• Teaching Qualifications – relevant to area of instruction is essential
• First Aid Certification – desirable
More information about the position can be found here: https://www.goodshepherd.nt.edu.au/contact/employment