Teacher of French as language of school – IB & “Français langue de scolarisation in French”
- a full-time Teacher of French as language of school – IB & “Français langue de scolarisation in French”
- 11 hours of French IB face to face teaching / 4 hours of “Français langue de scolarisation in French” / 7 hours of relief teaching to focus on main mission
- Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017 Standards Model (Teachers), annual salary between $78,014 and $96,799
Your mission will be divided between teaching French in the Senior Secondary School and to non- French speaking students (Professeur(e) de Français de scolarisation – FLSCO).
As part of the pedagogical team, the teacher will:
- Be responsible for teaching the IB Diploma French A: Language and Literature program to Year 11 and Year 12 students;
- Teach the French language to non-French students from Maternelle to Years 12
- Work in collaboration with pedagogical team members as a resources person and help personalising teaching methods to student’s different learning needs
- Collaborate with members of the IB teaching staff;
- Ensure all students meet internal and external assessment requirements as determined by the International Baccalaureate Organisation;
- Prepare students for examinations;
- Fulfil all associated and necessary teaching duties and other duties as determined by the principal.
Working under the authority of the Principal, the candidate will:
- Hold a teaching degree from an Australian education system (or other English speaking education systems), or a teaching degree from the French education system;
- Have a successful work experience teaching the IB program in Year 11 and Year 12;
- Have a proven practice in the delivery of the Junior Secondary curriculum;
- Be able to adapt their teaching to the students’ needs;
- Show a real ability to work as part of a team and in a bilingual culture;
- Have full working rights;
- Have a current Working with Children Check Clearance or be willing to obtain one prior to employment;
- Have current Child Protection training and First Aid Certificates – desirable;
- Be accredited with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
Applications close 24 May, 2019