- Part time position: 8 hours / week
- Small class sizes
- Discounted meals at the canteen / Parking on site
Lycée Condorcet- the International French School of Sydney is an independent, co-educational school in Maroubra which caters to students from Preparatory School to Year 12 and follows the French curriculum.
Approved in accordance with the French Education Ministry and the International Baccalaureate Organisation, the school is looking for a part-time IB Economics Teacher (8h per week) in the Senior Secondary School from 15th August 2019.
As part of the pedagogical team, the teacher will:
- Be responsible for teaching the IB Diploma Economics program to Year 11 and Year 12 students;
- Collaborate with members of the IB teaching staff;
- Ensure all students meet internal and external assessment requirements as determined by the International Baccalaureate Organisation;
- Prepare students for examinations;
- Fulfil all associated and necessary teaching duties and other duties as determined by the principal.
Working under the authority of the Principal, the candidate will:
- Hold a teaching degree from an Australian education system (or other English speaking education systems), or a teaching degree from the French education system;
- Have a successful work experience teaching the IB program in Year 11 and Year 12;
- Be able to adapt their teaching to the students’ needs;
- Show a real ability to work as part of a team and in a bilingual culture;
- Have full working rights;
- Have a current Working with Children Check Clearance or be willing to obtain one prior to employment;
- Have current Child Protection training and First Aid Certificates – desirable;
- Be accredited with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
Between $78,014 and $96,799 (yearly gross), as per the Multi Enterprise Agreement 2017 (Teachers).
For further information please visit: http://www.condorcet.com.au/sites/condorcet/files/page/2019-05_poste_ens-ibeco- 1901_-_appel_a_candidature_-_enseignant_ib_economics.pdf
Applications close 24 May, 2019