- Qualified in both Mathematics and Science.
- The teacher will have the skills and capacity to teach Mathematics and general Science applying appropriate Middle School teaching and learning approaches
- Knowledge and experience of the MYP would be an advantage
About the Role
- Concordia Campus is seeking applications from committed teachers who understand the needs of Middle School students and are qualified in both Mathematics and Science. For this position the focus is on Middle School teaching and student well-being. The successful applicant will be a Year 7 or 8 Home Class teacher who has a deep understanding of the needs of Middle School students and the benefits of working collaboratively in a team.
- The teacher will have the skills and capacity to teach Mathematics and general Science applying appropriate Middle School teaching and learning approaches, and knowledge and experience of the MYP.
- The teacher will be part of a large team of Mathematics and Science teachers who follow and further develop current International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme units of work.
About the School
Concordia College is a co-educational Early Learning Centre to Year 12 International Baccalaureate World School located in Highgate in Adelaide’s leafy eastern suburbs, five minutes’ drive from the Central Business District.
On 1 January 2016, St John’s Lutheran School and Concordia College amalgamated to form an ELC to Year 12 Concordia College. The ELC to Year 6 component is situated at the St John’s Campus (20 Highgate Street, Highgate) and Years 7 to 12 are located at the neighbouring Concordia Campus (24 Winchester Street, Highgate) which sits on the opposite side of a shared oval. Years 7 to 9 form the Middle School, and Years 10 to 12 are the Senior School.
Current enrolment is approximately 410 students from ELC to Year 6 and 890 students from Years 7 to 12.
Today, Concordia College is a thriving, dynamic, forward-looking community that learns and lives according to the motto: Firm in Principle, Gentle in Manner. Learning continues to expand beyond the classroom with camps, retreats, service learning experiences and student exchange programs. Concordia College aims to prepare students for a life of dedicated service in society, locally and globally. Concordia College offers an engaging and supportive learning environment that encourages the growth of each individual’s spiritual, intellectual, cultural, social and physical capabilities. This ethos is core to the Senior School where the wellbeing of the student facilitates self-efficacy and personal success. Concordia’s Strategic Plan, which will guide the College’s direction over the next five years, has excellence in teaching and learning and wellbeing at its centre.
Curriculum frameworks, namely the IB (PYP, MYP and DP), Australian Curriculum, SACE and VET, are complemented by other approaches and programs which support students’ holistic growth and development. The teacher’s priority is to ensure that learning and teaching encourages student engagement and is carried out within the context of the Mission, Vision and Values of the College. A teacher’s function may also include involvement in the formal Pastoral Program, being a Home Class teacher and being involved in the extra-curricular program of the College.
The appointment will commence in January 2020 unless otherwise negotiated.
For further information please visit: https://www.concordia.sa.edu.au/about/employment/
Applications close Wednesday 21 August 2019 10:00am