- Commencing Term 1, 2020
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme experience would be an advantage.
The Careers Advisor is responsible for leading an innovative careers education program that provides students in Years 10-12 the information, opportunities, experiences and support aligned with their profiles, choices and capacities.
The College is seeking a professional Careers Advisor and it is envisaged the successful application will have the following experience and attributes:
- proven leadership of Careers Education Programs for students from Years 10-12
- ability to investigate and implement opportunities for students to explore career options, eg tertiary, internships and other industry partnerships
- previous experience providing accurate and up-to-date information of all tertiary options so that students can make informed choices for their future
- expertise in individual career counselling to senior students
- capacity to analyse data to help inform students and parents/carers about appropriate pattern of studies
- be an exemplary teacher with demonstrated understanding of contemporary student centered, pedagogy.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme experience would be an advantage. The position is required to undertake a teaching load. Qualifications in career planning is essential. To obtain a full role description, please go to the College website www.ssc.nsw.edu.au.
Applications are to include a letter of application, the College application form, CV and two current references, including your current principal. Please forward all relevant documentation to [email protected] For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department on (02) 9745 7037. Applications close: COB Wednesday 18 September 2019.
The College is committed to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. The successful applicant will be required to have a current Working with Children Check and be committed to our Child Protection Policy.