Head of Science
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an experienced Head of Department to lead the Science faculty. (Term 4 Start -12th October 2020).
- Are you looking for a leadership opportunity to transform a large well resourced Science department?
- Offering the opportunity to teach both the NSW School Certificate and the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- Access to purpose-built resources and facilities including staffed laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology and the opportunity to contribute to the design planning of new state-of-the-art facilities.
- Focus and commitment to the professional development of all staff.
- Strong Christian ethos and values.
Trinity Grammar School’s commitment to academic excellence, pastoral care and participation in a breadth of sporting and co-curricular activities, including the creative and performing arts, develops the talents of individual boys in mind, body and spirit. The School offers a wide-ranging curriculum that is delivered by motivated, caring staff accessing exceptional facilities and resources.
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an experienced Head of Department to lead the Science faculty. Utilising strong team leadership skills and curriculum expertise, and through modelling outstanding teaching and learning practices combining inquiry-based pedagogy with practical skills, this role will promote curiosity and exploration to develop passion and independent habits of lifelong learning within both staff and students, as well as contributing to the academic leadership of Trinity Grammar School.
Trinity is committed to the support and professional development of all teachers, by offering:
- A strong Christian foundation
- Support for NESA accreditation hours provided through in-house professional learning
- Opportunities to be part of a Professional Learning Team
- Access to purpose-built resources and facilities including staffed laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Involvement in Sport and Cocurricular activities outside of the classroom
- Opportunity to teach both the NSW School Certificate and the International Baccalaureate Diploma
We are looking for…
- Passionate and contemporary team leaders with a shared vision for quality education in all areas
- Enthusiastic life-long learners who can contribute to a culture of continuous learning in professional practice
- Innovative practitioners with a learner-centred focus
- Experience in teaching Science across stages 4 to 6 with a strong focus on stage 6.
- A willingness to be involved in the broad life of the School
- A connection with the Christian Mission of the School
Successful candidates will have….
- Formal teaching qualifications in Science
- Current registration with NESA
- A valid Working with Children Check number
- Current First Aid certification
- Post graduate qualifications in Educational Leadership or a specialty area
- Highly Accomplished Teacher with Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Demonstrated experience in leading Teaching and Learning initiatives in a Secondary School landscape
- Demonstrate professional knowledge through presenting and attending external workshops, conferences and leadership within a professional association.
Further details about our School are available on our website https://www.trinity.nsw.edu.au. Please include a cover letter, resume and academic transcripts. with you application https://trinitygrammar.connxcareers.com.
Applications close 4pm Friday 10th July 2020.