Junior School Teacher
Temporary full-time position to cover a period of leave in Terms 2 and 3 2021. You will be an enthusiastic, team-orientated, collegial, highly professional and learning-focused educator to inspire students within the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP).
Suitably experienced and qualified teachers are invited to apply for this temporary full-time Teacher position to cover a period of extended leave for Terms 2 and 3 in 2021.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced teacher to fill a temporary position, commencing Term 2 2021.
Teaching and Learning at Radford College
With a focus on high-quality teaching to improve student learning outcomes, Radford College is committed to collaborative and reflective practices which enhance professional learning and growth. As such, we require our teachers to be able to work effectively as part of a high performing team and to be dedicated to upholding our values of truth, compassion and wisdom, which form the ethos and foundation of our College community. To support our teachers in becoming expert teachers, able to make deliberate choices about the strategies they use in classrooms, there is a strong emphasis on collaboration through an on-site Teacher Mentor, established Communities of Practice and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to gym facilities and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
To be an enthusiastic, team-orientated, collegial, highly professional and learning-focused educator to inspire students within the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP). You will be committed to student-centred learning, higher-order thinking practices, use of ICT as an integral part of learning, and the values, aims and ethos of Radford College.
The successful candidate will be an energetic educator who is motivated by thinking differently about teaching and learning and who is driven by the creation of engaging and dynamic learning experiences for our students. Candidates must:
- Demonstrate the ability to teach
- Demonstrate a passion for both teaching and pursuing innovative thinking
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Participate in pastoral and co-curricular programs, including student wellbeing initiatives, school camps and excursions
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Teaching qualification recognised by the ACT Department of Education
- Maintain registration as a teacher with the Teacher Quality Institute, including WWVP
- Current First Aid Certificate
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website http://www.radford.act.edu.au/quick-links/employment/. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 7 March 2021, and should be addressed to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.