Communications Assistant & Administrator
Radford College is looking for an experienced Communications Assistant & Administrator to join our Communications team to provide a unique link between the College, the Radford Development Foundation and the Radford Collegians' Association.
Term time only, fixed term full-time
Suitably experienced and qualified applicants are invited to apply for this fixed term Communications Assistant and Administrator position, commencing in June 2021.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Communications team for a fixed term full-time (term-time only) position to cover a period of extended leave. The Communications Assistant and Administrator provides a unique link between the College, the Radford College Development Foundation and the Radford Collegians’ Association.
About the role
You will be the point of contact for all administrative matters related to the Radford Foundation, including general day-to-day operational matters. Undertaking all communications tasks required by the Collegians and all administration tasks required by the Foundation. At busy times, the jobholder will also support the College Nurse in the administering of First Aid.
Working at Radford College
At Radford, we believe that the key to higher performing students is the effectiveness of their teachers, and that the key to effective teachers is the support they receive which enables them to perform their roles. Displaying exceptional customer service, high levels of accuracy and attention to detail, the Communications Team works conscientiously to support the Principal, Foundation and Collegians to achieve the goal of providing our students with a holistic and inspiring education that enables them to reach their full potential.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Guided Professional Learning for teaching staff to maintain professional registration standards
- Professional Learning financial support for teaching and non-teaching staff
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to exercise programs (boot camp and Pilates) and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
You will be bringing your expert administrative experience in an office environment, possessing excellent communication skills, and a strong customer service focus to the fore. You will be a confident self-starter
who has a passion for networking and relationship building with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the College
- Demonstrate a passion for collaborative working as a member of a high-functioning team and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Demonstrate exceptionally high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Possess exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Be reliable and punctual
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Be technically competent and confident (intermediate to high proficiency) in the MSOffice suite
- Experience in a communications or marketing role, including content writing and editing using a website Content Management System and use of social media platforms
- Experience in an administration role, including minute taking and writing
- Event organisation and management experience
- Current First Aid Certificate
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website Current Vacancies. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at Recruitment Inbox.
Applications close at midnight on 5pm Sunday 11 April 2021, and should be addressed to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.