Radford College is looking for an experienced Careers Counsellor to support students in planning and managing their transition to the next stage following their Radford journey.
Radford College is seeking applications for this permanent, full-time Careers Counsellor position, commencing Term 3 2021.
The Careers Counsellor at Radford College assists students in planning and managing their transition to the next stage following their Radford journey. The role is integral to supporting the College’s goal of providing our students with a holistic and inspiring education that enables them to reach their full potential through a variety of approaches. These include the delivery of appropriate and timely advice, pathway presentations, information and resources, and effective counselling services to Year 10-12 students and parents in relation to post-secondary options. We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill a permanent, full-time position, commencing Term 3 2021.
Teaching and Learning at Radford College
With a focus on high-quality teaching to improve student learning outcomes, Radford College is committed to collaborative and reflective practices which enhance professional learning and growth. As such, we require our staff to be able to work effectively as part of a high-performing team and to be dedicated to upholding our values of truth, compassion and wisdom, which form the ethos and foundation of our College community.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – including an EAP program and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
You may or may not come from a teaching background, but either way you are energetic and enthusiastic in your approach. You are up-to-date with workforce developments, and you are able to provide counselling around subject selection, university entry requirements (countrywide) and portfolio production. You are motivated by helping students think differently about their future careers and the opportunities that life beyond Radford could present. You are driven by the creation of engaging and dynamic experiences for our students. Able to build and maintain partnerships with industry, employers, further/higher education institutions and relevant bodies, you will provide assistance, resources, career information, course options and industry contacts to students from the earliest stages of their career planning. You will:
- Demonstrate a passion for innovative thinking
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Possess exceptional communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Participate in pastoral and co-curricular programs, including student wellbeing initiatives, school camps and excursions (if you are a teacher)
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Graduate Certificate or higher in Career Development or willingness to obtain such
- Membership of a professional careers association e.g. CICA, CAA of NSW/ACT or CDAA
- Experience in delivering Career Counselling
- Teaching qualification recognised by the ACT Department of Education and Teacher Quality Institute registration (if you are a teacher)
- Current First Aid Certificate
How to Apply
Please see the full duty statement for further details about the position and visit the How to apply section of the website to submit your application. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.