Primary Learning Diversity Coordinator
Newly created role at an independent school near Berwick, working with classroom teachers and Learning/Education Support staff to enhance student learning.
- Suits a teacher with a passion for student learning, with coordination experience
- Early years to Year 5
- Starting January 2022
Crest Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 2,000 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Reserve at Clyde North. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school, with modern facilities at Clyde North. It is a growing College, adding a new year level each year; our first Year 9 level will commence in 2022.
Rivercrest Christian College invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced teachers for the role of Primary Learning Diversity Coordinator commencing in January 2022, at the College’s new PYP facilities at Clyde North.
The successful candidate will:
- have a desire to work in an environment where both Christian values and academic excellence are emphasised
- be an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher, with a passion for student learning – for those with disabilities or gifted and talented
- be an experienced coordinator, able to lead the Learning/Education Support staff
- have a detailed understanding of the Nationally Consistent Collection of Data on School Students with a Disability (NCCD)
- be a team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- be preferably experienced in teaching the International Baccalaureate’s ‘Primary Years Programme’ or be committed to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching
The coordination position has a time fraction of 0.8 FTE. For those seeking a full time position, a teach load of 0.2 FTE may be able to be negotiated.
The substantive role as a VIT-registered teacher is offered as an ongoing position, with the position of added responsibility as a coordinator having a three-year tenure.
- Competitive salary
- Free gym on site
- Friendly and supportive working environment
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest Christian College.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check (non-teachers) or VIT registration (teachers) and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications close Friday 17th September 2021 at 10:00am.
Candidates are required to complete the online application and supply a covering letter and CV.
In your application please also state the other disciplines you are qualified to teach (e.g. Humanities).
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Joanne Ball, Human Resources Manager.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Mrs Nelly Mikhail on 9707 7330.