Seeking THE best Mathematics and Physics teacher for Years 11 & 12 (FTE 0.8)
- Part-time, permanent across 4 days.
- Seeking a specialist mathematics and Physics teacher for DP1 and DP2 Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL and DP1 and DP2 Physics SL/HL.
- Academically elite. STEM-focused. IB-only. Co-ed.
- Small select cohort (max. 30 students per year level) chosen for their ability AND attitude
- Start date negotiable. Start of Term 1, 2022 latest
- Pay and conditions second to none
The UK’s 2019 ‘IB School of the Year’ (and ranked 25th in the world in 2021) opened a Sydney campus in January 2021, focusing solely on academically elite, highly motivated, STEM-focused Year 11 and 12 students. Our students have already chosen to pursue their careers in STEM sectors.
With the addition of Year 12 (IB2) in 2022, we are seeking quite simply the best Mathematics and Physics teacher in Sydney to join our highly-experienced team. You will be responsible for teaching our DP1 and DP2 Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL students and our DP1 and DP2 Physics SL/HL.
Experience teaching the IB Diploma and particularly Mathematics Analysis and Approaches HL and Physics SL/HL to gifted and talented students is certainly desirable, but not essential.
Accelerated training will be provided if new to the IB.
The Westbourne Difference:
Based in the heart of Sydney’s rapidly developing ‘Innovation and Technology Precinct’, just 10 minutes’ walk from Central, we use a ‘city office’ format and tertiary facilities to deliver to our students a ground-breaking ‘mixed secondary/tertiary’ experience without peer, providing an unmatchable, tangible context for their studies, university options and career planning. The curriculum enrichment opportunities provided by being immersed in such a professional, STEM-focused environment are unparalleled.
We are not a ‘school’ in a traditional sense. Westbourne is a professional/enterprise work environment. Our students are treated as young professionals from Day 1. From our business attire dress code, to joint projects with their UK colleagues, our sole goal is to prepare our students for STEM careers and as leaders of the future, on the international stage.
Westbourne College Sydney students will graduate to the very best universities in Australia, the UK and around the world.
Our leadership team includes the same people who have led our success in the UK, ranking at the very top of the UK league tables since 2015, as well as highly experienced Sydney and Asia-based professionals that have previously worked at MLC and for the IBO itself. This is an inspiring, driven, dynamic and truly world-class team. We are fiercely proud of our history … but we are unshackled by it – we are at the very forefront of modern education.
Westbourne College Sydney is the second in our well-developed plans to create the world’s first truly global network of academically elite colleges. We have plans to open in Singapore and an online-based college for the English-speaking world in 2023.
Both student and teacher short-term exchanges with the UK will commence as soon as travel restrictions are relaxed.
The opportunities for ongoing career development and international collaboration are limited only by your desire, drive and commitment. You will enjoy an equal voice in our small, friendly and collaborative team.
To find out more about:
- the Westbourne College Sydney proposition, visit https://www.westbournecollege.com.au
- our UK ‘mothership’, visit https://www.westbourneschool.com
PROCESS & TIMING
1. Application deadline Monday, 11 October, 2021
2. Please email directly to our Principal, Ken Underhill, at [email protected] your: CV and an application letter, which addresses the role specifically