Secondary Design Technology Teacher MYP
- Full-time– Ongoing - starting January 2022
- Passion for Science and Mathematics
- Year 6-9 Middle Years Programme (MYP)
Crest Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 2,000 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Reserve at Clyde North. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school, with modern facilities at Clyde North. It is a growing College, adding a new year level each year; our first Year 9 level will commence in 2022.
Rivercrest Christian College invites a passionate, innovative and engaging Design Technology/STEM teacher for a full-time and ongoing opportunity commencing in 2022. Graduates are encouraged to apply.
Apply if you are an innovator, love Design and Technology, Robotics, ICT and are willing to create a student-focused learning environment to inspire and develop our students, to be collaborative, creative, critical thinkers.
This is your opportunity to shine in a learning environment that will reward your love of learning and thinking. We provide extensive professional development and individual mentoring, as well as a range of attractive employment benefits.
Whilst experience in delivering the International Baccalaureate’s ‘Middle Years Programme’ will be highly valued, graduates and those committed to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate a strong dedication to a quality curriculum pedagogical approach and a Christian worldview
- be passionate, innovative and engaged in Design Technology
- enjoy producing creative curriculum in various disciplines while facilitating Year 6-9 students in inquiry project-based learning
- be focused on Design and Entrepreneurial thinking. As such, demonstrated experience teaching Design/STEM curriculum is highly sought after.
- You will enjoy producing creative work in various fields of design while facilitating students in inquiry project-based learning from their initial idea to completion.
- Desired experience (not essential but highly regarded)
- CAD/CAM Software skills
- Adobe Creative Suite,
- 3D modelling experience/expertise
- Experience using digital fabrication tools such as 3D printers,
- Systems and networking
- Web design
- have the ability to develop and maintain positive and caring relationships with students and a willingness to contribute to the overall mission of the College
- be proficient in the use of technology for the development of lesson planning, teaching, student assessment and administrative purposes.
- Competitive salary
- Free gym on site
- Friendly and supportive working environment
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest Christian College.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check (non-teachers) or VIT registration (teachers) and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications close Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 10:00am.
Candidates are required to complete the online application and supply a covering letter and CV.
In your application please also state the disciplines you are qualified to teach (e.g. Biology).
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Joanne Ball, Human Resources Manager.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Mrs Nelly Mikhail on 9707 7330.