Primary Teacher – PYP
Commencing in 2022, opportunity to teach in a PYP school with modern facilities and a dedicated team near Berwick.
- Full-time, fixed term role for one year commencing in 2022
- Experienced teacher required
- Prefer PYP educators, or a passion for inquiry-based learning and concept-driven curriculum
Crest Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 2,000 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Reserve. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College, which opened in 2014, will have Early Learning and Primary students to Year 9 in 2022. It is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school.
Rivercrest Christian College is inviting applications for the role of Primary Teacher, commencing in January 2022, for the school year. The year level to be allocated will be between Year 1 and Year 6.
The successful candidate will be:
- desiring to teach in an environment where both Christian values and the development of the whole child are valued
- an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated primary-trained teacher
- experienced teaching the International Baccalaureate’s ‘Primary Years Programme’ or be committed to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching
- passionate about environmental education and inquiry
- competent using ICT as a tool in the classroom, particularly iPads
- able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Free gym on site
- Friendly and supportive working environment
If you can see yourself working as part of a dedicated team, we want to hear from you.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid VIT registration and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Rivercrest complies with the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions (No. 5) and therefore the successful candidate must provide evidence of vaccination.
Applications close on Friday 22nd October 2021 at 10:00am.
Applications are now being accepted online. Applicants are required to supply a covering letter, CV and contact details for three referees.
Applications should be addressed to Mr Jonathan Shrapnel, Head of Primary, Rivercrest Christian College.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Nelly Mikhail on 9707 7330.