Science Teacher Year 7-10
Radford College is looking for an Experienced Science Teacher to teach Year 7-10 Students to improve student learning outcomes
Temporary One Year Full Time for 2022
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced teacher to fill a one year temporary -full time position (1.0 FTE), in 2022, commencing 22 January 2022.
Teaching and Learning at Radford College
With a focus on high-quality teaching to improve student learning outcomes, Radford College is committed to collaborative and reflective practices which enhance professional learning and growth. As such, we require our teachers to be able to work effectively as part of a high performing team and to be dedicated to upholding our values of truth, compassion and wisdom, which form the ethos and foundation of our College community. To support our teachers in becoming expert teachers, able to make deliberate choices about the strategies they use in classrooms, there is a strong emphasis on collaboration through an on-site Teacher Mentor, established Communities of Practice and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to gym facilities and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
The successful candidate will be an energetic educator who is motivated by thinking differently about teaching and learning and who is driven by the creation of engaging and dynamic learning experiences for our students. Candidates must:
- Demonstrate the ability to teach Years 7 – 10 Science
- Demonstrate a passion for both teaching and pursuing innovative thinking
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Participate in pastoral and co-curricular programs, including student wellbeing initiatives, school camps and excursions
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Teaching qualification recognised by the ACT Department of Education
- Maintain registration as a teacher with the Teacher Quality Institute, including WWVP
- Current First Aid Certificate
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website Employment page. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at Recruitment Inbox.
Applications close 22 October 2021, and should be addressed to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.