- Full time, ongoing teaching role
- Commencing in January 2020
- Opportunity to teach and lead a team
Rivercrest Christian College is an independent, coeducational school established in 2014. Over 500 students from Early Learning to Year 7 are enrolled for 2020. The College is an authorised IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme (MYP). The College is growing each year and in 2020 will offer Year 7 (MYP2) for the first time.
The College invites applications from suitably qualified and enthusiastic teachers for the position of Early Learning Centre Director, commencing on 13th January 2020. The ELC is a modern facility providing high quality early learning experiences for children aged 3 to 5 years.
Highly motivated applicants with solid early childhood development knowledge, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and administrative competence are encouraged to apply.
The bachelor-qualified Director will teach one class for several days a week, in addition to fulfilling their leadership responsibilities. Previous ELC leadership experience will be well regarded.
The leadership position is offered for a three-year tenure, with the possibility of renewal. The teaching component is offered as an ongoing role.
The successful candidate will have:
- the desire to teach in an environment where both Christian values and the development of the whole child are valued
- appropriate qualifications and experience, including VIT registration
- a perspective of the full span of early childhood education to 8 years, to maximise the unique opportunities afforded by operating within the context of a Primary school
- commitment to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching
- passion for environmental education and inquiry
- competence in using ICT as a tool in the classroom, particularly iPads
- the ability to create a quick and lasting rapport with this age group of students and their parents
- the ability to work collaboratively with other teachers
- demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills in prior roles
If you can see yourself working as part of a dedicated team, we want to hear from you.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check (non-teachers) or VIT registration (teachers) and will be subject to police and background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications close Monday 2nd September 2019 at 10:00am.
Applicants must be able to start work on 13th January 2020.
Candidates are required to complete the online application and supply a covering letter and CV.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Joanne Ball, Human Resources Manager.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Joanne on 9707 7324. www.rivercrest.vic.edu.au