- Full time, ongoing role commencing in 2020
- Experienced teacher required
- Prefer PYP educators, or passion for inquiry-based learning and concept-driven curriculum
Crest Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 1,800 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Centre. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College, which opened in 2014, will have Early Learning and Primary students to Year 7 in 2020. It is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school.
Due to the promotion of an existing teacher, applications for the role of Primary Teacher, commencing in 2020, are invited.
The successful candidate will be:
- desiring to teach in an environment where both Christian values and the development of the whole child are valued
- an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated primary-trained teacher
- experienced teaching the International Baccalaureate’s ‘Primary Years Programme’ or be committed to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching
- passionate about environmental education and inquiry
- competent using ICT as a tool in the classroom, particularly iPads
- able to work collaboratively with other teachers
- able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you can see yourself working as part of a dedicated team, we want to hear from you.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid VIT registration and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications close on Friday 13th September 2019 at 10:00am
Applications are now being accepted online at: http://careers.cresteducation.vic.edu.au/job-details/query/Primary+Teacher+-+RCC+-+Y4/in/Melbourne+-+All+locations/7720417/
Applicants are required to supply a covering letter, CV and contact details for three referees.
Applications should be addressed to Mr Jonathan Shrapnel, Head of Primary, Rivercrest Christian College.
Alternatively, for further information, please contact Nelly Mikhail on 9702 2144. www.rivercrest.vic.edu.au