Radford is looking for a fixed-term, full-time (part-time candidate considered) to play a crucial role in enhancing the students' personal, social and educational development.
Suitably experienced and qualified applicants are invited to apply for this fixed term full-time School Counsellor position, commencing October 2020. Candidates interested in a part-time role will be considered.
The opportunity has arisen for a temporary, full-time School Counsellor to join Radford’s small team of school counsellors, monitoring the psychological and emotional wellbeing of individual students and providing appropriate internal or external services to meet their needs.
About the role
Supporting the development and maintenance of pastoral care within the College, the School Counsellor plays a crucial role in enhancing the students’ personal, social and educational development.
Working at Radford College
At Radford, we believe one of the keys to unlocking student potential is providing the foundations for building self-care and resilience. Adopting a flexible and proactive approach, with a track record of effective relationship-building skills, our School Counsellors exhibit a commitment to providing the best service, working closely with the Assistant Principal - Students to achieve the goal of providing our students with a holistic and inspiring education that enables them to reach their full potential.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to gym facilities and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
With full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA, or as a Social Worker with AASW registration as a Social Worker, you will have prior experience working in a mental health, clinical and counselling role. You are experienced in managing the legal, ethical and organisational requirements of a clinical counselling role (e.g. privacy, confidentiality and disclosure). Prior experience working in education settings (especially schools) is highly desirable.
- Be technically competent and confident (intermediate to high proficiency) in the MSOffice suite including Excel (entering and manipulating data, producing reports), Adobe (including Pro DC) and willing to learn school systems (for example Synergetic)
- Demonstrate a passion for collaborative working as a member of a high-functioning team, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Be reliable and punctual
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA, or as a Social Worker with AASW Registration as a Social Worker
- Prior experience working in a mental health, clinical and counselling role
- Experience managing the legal, ethical and organisational requirements of a clinical, counselling role (e.g. privacy, confidentiality and disclosure)
- Prior experience working in education settings (especially schools) is highly desirable or working with young people/adolescents.
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website http://www.radford.act.edu.au/quick-links/employment/. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 16 August 2020, and should be addressed to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.